Instructions & Forms
- Please read the instructions below and complete all of the necessary forms in full (all forms posted below are in PDF format)..
- Mortgage brokerages are still required to report, even if they have not maintained a trust account during the period being reported on.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the brokerage and may be considered not to have been received.
- Administrative penalties may be issued if the forms are not received by the required date.
- If you or your accountant choose to prepare the forms below in any other format, ensure that there are no changes to the wording.
Fiscal Year End Instructions
Have you received or held money on the account of others during the period being reported on?
If you have received or held money on the account of others during the period being reported on, complete, sign, and return to the Real Estate Council of Alberta the following forms:
If you have not received or held money on the account of others during the period being reported on, you are required to file the F4 declaration of absence of trust transactions. If you have been requested to file this form online then please refer to the instructions you received with that request and file online (if you submit an original, scanned or faxed copy to our office it will be returned with a request to file online and will not be considered to have been filed until this is done online) – otherwise complete, sign, and return to the Real Estate Council of Alberta the following form:
||Below are instructions for filing this form online:
- Log into myRECA using your RECA ID number then go to “My Brokerage”
- Your brokerage’s details will appear on the next screen. From the drop-down ”Action” menu, select ”File Accounting Reports”
- On the next screen, click on ”Start”
- The next screen will list all forms that are available to be filed online. Click on Form 4.
- Form 4 will appear on your screen. If necessary, you may add a new trust account by clicking on ”Add NEW Trust Account” near the middle of Form 4, and follow the instructions onscreen to add a new trust account.
- Complete the applicable questions
- Check the box beside the statement ”I make this declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.”
- Click on ”Submit Application”
- At the top of the next screen, in red, it should say ”Report Successfully Filed.”
- If the next screen does not say that, log out of the RECA Online system and then log back in before re-trying the above steps.
- If a second attempt at filing Form 4 online does not work, please contact RECA.
- Once Form 4 has been successfully submitted, and you see the screen that says ”Report Successfully Filed”, you may view your completed Form 4, under the ”Action” heading click on ”View’