Seeking Industry Member for the Alberta Real Estate Foundation
| September 09, 2019
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is seeking an industry member to sit as Governor on the Alberta Real Estate Foundation (AREF). The term of the appointment is 3 years commencing November 1, 2019, ending October 31, 2022.
AREF supports and originates initiatives that enhance the industry and benefit the people of Alberta. The Real Estate Act states AREF’s purpose is to promote and undertake:
- the education of related professionals and the public in respect of the real estate industry
- law reform and research in respect of the real estate industry
- other projects and activities to advance and improve the real estate industry
AREF’s Board of Governors is comprised of industry and public volunteers. AREF Governors are responsible for fiduciary matters, investing in community initiatives, attending board meetings, and representing the Foundation at related events.
The Foundation is seeking a candidate who supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization and embodies the following characteristics:
- is energetic and acts as an ambassador for the Foundation to network and create awareness among community and industry stakeholders
- knowledge of Alberta, current issues and the ability to identify grant making and community investment opportunities
- holds respect for diverging viewpoints and is willing to contribute their personal leadership skills towards creating efficient and effective governance
- solid analytical skills and an appetite for continuous learning and using that learning to benefit the Foundation and the community
- independent thinker who bases their decision making on analysis of available information and their own experiences
- experience with financial management and investment responsibilities – current assets of the Foundation are around $15.3 million
For more information about AREF, visit their website at: www.aref.ab.ca
If you are interested in applying to serve as an AREF Governor, please forward a letter of introduction and resume no later than October 4, 2019 to:
Rina Hawkins, Executive Assistant
Real Estate Council of Alberta
202, 1506 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T3C 0M9
Note: RECA would like to thank all individuals who apply for this position. Please note an expression of interest does not guarantee an interview or committee position.