All Industry Professionals Can Begin Renewing Now
| August 30, 2019
Starting today, all industry professionals can renew their licence at the 2018-2019 fee rate. Check the fee schedule for more information.
RECA is in process of submitting information to the Minister of Service Alberta regarding its 2019-2020 budget that was approved at the July 17, 2019 Council meeting. Council is seeking Ministerial approval of the fee increase that was part of RECA’s 2019-2020 budget.
In RECA’s Financial Statements for the year ending September 30, 2018, a misaligned column led to confusion about RECA’s financial position. This formatting issue has been resolved.
For industry professionals who have already relicensed, those accounts may be adjusted pending direction from the Minister of Service Alberta on the fee increase.
All professionals must renew on or before September 30, 2019
Prior to renewing:
- All real estate professionals must complete the Real Estate Update 2019 (All Professionals) course
- Real estate brokers and associate brokers must complete the Real Estate Update 2019 (Real Estate Brokers) course
- Real estate professionals who want to keep their authorization to trade in commercial and/or property management must complete the Real Estate Update 2019 (Commercial/Property management) course*
*Real estate professionals who completed the Practice of Commercial Real Estate 2019 course that launched on May 1, 2019 are exempt from the Real Estate Update 2019 (Commercial/Property Management) renewal course.
For information about which courses you must complete and the status of each course, go to the “Licensing” tab in your myRECA account.
Steps to renew
- before you renew, do you have any section 40 notifications to report to RECA? This includes discipline from other organizations, criminal charges or convictions, judgments, and bankruptcies. Report these to RECA BEFORE you begin to renew by clicking the “Notify the Executive Director” button in the “My Account” tab of your myRECA account. If you already reported the event(s) to RECA, you can proceed with your renewal
- if you plan to transfer to another brokerage, complete your transfer BEFORE you renew. If you transfer after you renew but before October 1, the transfer cancels your renewal
- when you are ready to renew, log in to your myRECA account
- go to the Current Licences page under the “Licensing” tab
- click the “Start Renewal” button
- follow the steps and submit your renewal application to your broker through the system
- when your broker acknowledges your application and pays the fee, you’re renewed
- if your broker requires you to pay your own fee, they will send your application back to you, through the myRECA system for payment – and you will receive notification that it’s waiting for payment
- you’ll know you’re renewed when the circle next to your licence turns green