RECA Practice Tips: Assistants Image

RECA Practice Tips: Assistants


An individual must hold a licence from the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) to perform any tasks that require a licence under the Real Estate Act.

Brokers and other licensees often hire individuals to assist with tasks related to their profession. If the individual holds a licence, they can perform any activities allowed under that licence. If they don’t, their activities are limited to tasks or areas of the business that do not require a licence.

For example, an unlicensed assistant may type up a standard form contract for a licensee’s approval, but they cannot discuss or negotiate the details of that contract.

Check out the video below to learn more from RECA Regulatory Compliance Advisor, Doug Dixon.

Also be sure to check out the info bulletins on condominium management assistantsmortgage brokerage assistants and real estate brokerage assistants for more information.