Education Extension Options for Conditionally Licensed Condominium Manager Associate Brokers
| November 14, 2022
As previously announced, the deadline for conditionally licensed condominium managers to complete the required course(s) listed on their conditional licence has been extended for eligible individuals to September 30, 2023.
Associate and broker licensees can become eligible and have the extension automatically granted if they have completed or are registered in all their required course(s) with a third-party course provider prior to the original deadline of November 30, 2022.
Those conditionally licensed as associate brokers should review the options below.
Based on the required courses listed on the Licensing tab of your myRECA account, choose one of the following options:
1. To maintain your associate broker licence class:
- enrol in or complete the Fundamentals of Condominium Management (if required), the Practice of Condominium Management, and the Condominium Management Broker Program by November 30, 2022
2. To drop your licence class to associate:
- enrol in or complete the Fundamentals of Condominium Management (if required) and the Practice of Condominium Management by November 30, 2022
If you do not enrol in or complete the Condominium Management Broker Program, but you have enrolled in or completed all other required courses, your licence class will be automatically downgraded to associate on December 1, 2022.
If you wish to upgrade your licence class to associate broker in the future, you can do so by completing the Condominium Management Broker Program at that time.
If you have not enrolled in or completed the required courses (excluding the Condominium Management Broker Program) by November 30, 2022, your licence could be suspended on December 1, 2022.
How to Enrol in Your Required Courses
All condominium management courses are offered by third-party course providers.
To enrol in a required course:
- contact your chosen course provider
- give the course provider your myRECA contact ID number (found in your myRECA account – see image below)
If you want to challenge an exam for one or more of your required courses, contact education@reca for more information. Remember, if you fail to pass your exam challenge, you will be required to complete the related course prior to taking the exam again. If you plan to challenge, please do so as early as possible to allow for adequate time to complete the course by the deadline in the event you are unsuccessful.
Thank you to condominium managers who have already enrolled in and/or completed their education requirements.