Conditionally Licensed Condominium Manager Brokers Can Also Apply for Education Extensions
| September 27, 2022
The Residential Property Manager Industry Council has heard the concerns of the industry and will now allow conditional condominium management brokers to apply to RECA to extend the deadline to complete their licensing courses to March 31, 2023. For RECA to grant the course completion extension, licensees must be registered in their course(s) prior to the original course completion deadline of November 30, 2022.
Condominium managers licensed as associate brokers have alternate education options available as well. They are listed below in the “Details for Associate Brokers” section.
Broker Education Extension
Concerns with completion timeframes have been brought to the Residential Property Manager Industry Council’s (Industry Council) attention over the past several months. The Industry Council heard from licensees that the original deadline would be difficult to achieve for some licensees due to the short timelines, the late course availability, and the fact that spring/summer is the busiest period for condominium managers. This extension was previously only available to associates. The Industry Council now recognizes all licensees had similar deadline concerns, regardless of their licence class.
Details for Associate Brokers
Those currently licensed as associate brokers have two options available to them, dependent upon their wish to remain licensed as an associate broker.
Associate brokers who wish to change their licence class to an associate, must:
- apply for the extension to complete their pre-licensing education by registering in all courses required of associates listed on their conditional licence by November 30, 2022
- allow their licence class to switch to an associate class (this will happen automatically after November 30, 2022, if they have not completed all of the associate broker education)
- complete all the associate level pre-licensing education by the extension deadline of March 31, 2023
Associate brokers who wish to remain licensed as such, and do not plan to complete their pre-licensing education by November 30, 2022 must:
- complete all the requirements above for those wishing to be licensed as associates
- complete the additional pre-licensing education requirements for associate brokers on their own timeline, at which time they will be re-licensed as an associate broker. The broker education can be completed after March 31, 2023, at which time they will become an associate broker
Please note, if the associate broker education requirements are not completed by November 30, 2022, the licensees’ associate broker licence will automatically change to an associate licence class (as long as they apply and register for their associate level courses by November 30).