Many organizations have recognized RECA for excellence in various aspects of regulation. From communicating to industry and consumers, to educating over 15,000 of Alberta’s professionals, to investigating complex fraud schemes, the awards below show RECA’s dedication to its mandate, and its leadership across North America as a world-class regulatory body.
- 2020 ARELLO® Communication Award: COVID-19 Information and Resources
As the global COVID-19 pandemic affected many aspects of our daily lives, many industry professionals and consumers are unsure about continuing with their business transactions as many interactions require face-to-face communication. RECA produced informative resources covering all real estate areas which are easily available across multiple platforms to support industry professionals and protect consumers, alleviating confusion and stress.
- Hermes Creative Platinum Award: Hermes Creative Awards honors messengers and creators around the world. Hermes winners bring their ideas to life through traditional and digital platforms. The Real Estate Career Information Session has won the Platinum Hermes Creative Award 2020, in the category: Electronic Media/ Social Media/Interactive Media/ Mobile & Web Technology.
- 2019 CLEAR Investigative Excellence Award: Mortgage fraud investigation
The award recognizes an investigator or investigative team in occupational or professional regulation. The nominee(s) must have demonstrated exceptional performance in a particular case or a history of excellent performance beyond what is expected or required that resulted in a direct and significant impact to the protection of the public or consumer interests.RECA investigators Cheryl and Holly were presented with the CLEAR award for their investigative work that led to uncovering a mortgage fraud scheme involving approximately 15 individuals.
- 2019 Brandon Hall Group Silver Excellence in Learning: Real Estate Update 2018
This is the first time RECA has won a Brandon Hall award! RECA was award Silver in the category of Best Advance in Compliance Training for its Real Estate Update 2018 course. Real Estate Update 2018 provided industry members with vital information to assist them in best serving their clients. The Excellence Awards recognize the best organizations that have successfully deployed programs, strategies, modalities, processes, systems, and tools that have achieved measurable results. The program attracts entrants from leading corporations around the world, as well as mid-market and smaller firms. The criteria for this award include how effectively the course:
- met the learning needs and situation
- objects were supported by the design and deployment
- delivery positively influenced the organizational goals and learning results
- produced measurable benefits and outcomes
- positively impacted learners and RECA
- 2019 ARELLO® Education Awards & Communications Awards
ARELLO® awards recognize outstanding communication systems and educational programs that contribute to the real estate industry, promote public protection and might be adapted to benefit licensees and consumers in other ARELLO® member jurisdictions. In 2019, RECA won the following ARELLO® awards:
- Best Education Course: Real Estate Update 2019 (All Professionals)
Real Estate Update 2019 (All Professionals) provided real estate professionals with updates on self-regulation, cannabis, and radon gas, so that they can continue to best serve their clients.
- Education Miscellaneous: RECA eBooksite Searchable Knowledge Management System
The eBooksite provides learners and industry professionals access to RECA ebooks from any device and enabled RECA to reduce the course fees for the Fundamentals of Real Estate by $50. This access is free of charge and can be used as a reference tool, especially for those who are new to the industry.
- Communications Project: The Regulator newsletter
Initially a print publication that was mailed to all brokerages, RECA transitioned the Regulator to an online newsletter in 2004. Further advancements were implemented in 2009 when the Regulator was relaunched as an online Flash flipbook. In order to ensure ease of access from all electronic devices, RECA unveiled The Regulator as its own website newsletter in 2017.