Expanded COVID-19 Consumer and Lender Information
| April 09, 2020
RECA has expanded the COVID-19 information for consumers and industry professionals on reca.ca. Updates include:
- On the COVID-19 for Real Estate Consumers page
- Updates from Lenders that May Affect Your Mortgage—including new procedures some lenders have for deferred payments, and signing electronic documents. Industry professionals should discuss these options with effected clients
- Discussing Your Options—has been reorganized to ensure a better understanding of risk mitigation options and how viewing conditions can be negotiated between buyers and sellers.
- On the COVID-19 and Real Estate page
- Commercial Property Management Response Planning—including more information on business continuity
- Managing Mortgage Brokers and Mortgage Associates—now includes the new lender information on deferring payment, and signing electronic documents
Brokers, please consider linking to RECA’s COVID-19 for Real Estate Consumers webpage from your brokerage websites so your clients have more visible access to the consumer information. RECA would like to thank the various industry professionals that have made reference to RECA’s COVID-19 for Real Estate Consumers information in their social media posts and when speaking with the media. Please let us know how we can improve the COVID-19 for Real Estate Consumers webpage to better facilitate and enhance your discussions with your clients.
RECA will continue to regularly update our COVID-19 and Real Estate webpage as new information becomes available. Please refer other professionals there, and refer your clients to COVID-19 for Real Estate Consumers.