Board and Industry Council Opportunities
| July 27, 2020
The Minister of Service Alberta is now accepting applications from individuals interested in serving as Board of Directors Chair, Board of Directors Public Members, and Industry Council Public Members of the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA).
The ideal candidates will have demonstrated the following:
- understanding the importance of teamwork to the success of an organization and the ability to inspire, motivate, and offer direction and leadership to others
- knowledge of regulatory principles, which may include interpreting and applying legislation, setting and enforcing standards of conduct; or an understanding of the legal dimensions of organizational issues
- working with board structure and/or governance processes
- experience and expertise in the development of policies, rules, and standards
- proven critical thinking, problem solving, strategic decision-making, policy analysis, and conflict resolution skills
- superior verbal and written communication skills, and can communicate expertise and shared vision to others accurately, concisely and effectively; and with tact and diplomacy
- a strong desire to build productive relationships and support RECA’s regulatory work in a positive way; and
- a record of community involvement and/or volunteerism for charities, community support organizations, boards, councils, or similar organizations, particular in relation to consumer protection or the real estate industry is consider an asset
For more details, including remuneration and how to apply, visit the Government of Alberta’s website.