Brokers, Real Estate Appraisers, and Real Estate Appraiser Candidates Can Begin Renewing Now
| August 19, 2019
Update: Council is seeking Ministerial approval of the fee increase that was part of RECA’s 2019-2020 budget. All industry professionals can renew their licence at the 2018-2019 fee rate. Check the fee schedule for more information.
Brokers can now renew their brokerages for the 2019-2020 licensing year. RECA encourages brokers to renew as early as possible, because associates can’t renew until their brokerage does.
The licensing fee for individuals has increased by $50 for the 2019/2020 licensing year. See the fee schedule for more details.
Renewals will open for associates on Monday, August 26, 2019.
All professionals must renew on or before September 30, 2019
Prior to renewing you must complete the following courses:
- Real Estate Update 2019 (Real Estate Brokers)
- Real Estate Update 2019 (All Professionals)
- Real Estate Update 2019 (Commercial/Property management)
Steps to renew
- before you renew, do you have any section 40 notifications or amendments to report to RECA? This includes corporate structure changes, ownership changes, suitability issues, and business address changes. Report these to RECA BEFORE you begin to renew by clicking the “Notify the Executive Director” or “Brokerage Amendments” buttons in your “My Account” or “My Brokerage” tabs, respectively
- if you own 50% or less of your brokerage, before you can renew you must have a Brokerage Renewal Suitability Questions form completed by an official of your brokerage
- when you are ready to renew, login to your myRECA account
- go to the “My Brokerage” tab
- click the “Start Renewal” button under the “My Brokerage” tab on the Licence page
- follow the steps and pay your fee
- you can add a lump sum of credit to your brokerage account for renewals. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- you’ll know you’re renewed when the circle next to your brokerage licence turns green