Real Estate Professionals Must Complete Re-licensing Education Before Renewing Their Licence
| August 01, 2019
All professionals practicing in the real estate industry must complete re-licensing education prior to renewing their licence in September.
Professionals practicing in mortgage and real estate appraisal have no mandatory courses this year.
RECA designs re-licensing courses to be topical and useful in the day-to-day business of industry professionals, and expects a professional attitude towards education generally. See the courses below to confirm which ones you are required to take:
Real Estate Update 2019 (Real Estate Brokers)
All real estate brokers and associate brokers must complete the Real Estate Update 2019 (Real Estate Brokers) course prior to renewing.
- I really appreciated this course material as it provided timely information which I believe will help enhance the policies and procedures which my brokerage already has in place.
- The material will be used to ensure we haven’t missed anything and address any areas which may not be as clear as they could be for us. Thanks for the course.
- Offering the samples of policies for the brokerages is brilliant.
- The course format for this course was one of the best yet.
- I enjoyed video components as a supplement to the written narrative, and would encourage more video in the future.
Real Estate Update 2019 (All Real Estate Professionals)
All real estate professionals (including ALL associates, brokers, and associate brokers) must complete the Real Estate Update 2019 (All Real Estate Professionals) course prior to renewing.
- Very good course, and testing method helped by explaining why wrong answers were wrong. Interesting material, best RECA offering so far.
- This was a very timely course in terms of subject matter and was very well presented.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the course as it was very informative and interesting. Good job, well presented.
- The content is very useful and up to date. Very easy to understand.
Real Estate Update 2019 (Commercial/Property Management)
All real estate professionals authorized in commercial and/or property management, (including ALL brokers and associate brokers, and any associates with authorizations in either of these sectors) must also complete Real Estate Update 2019 (Commercial/Property Management) prior to renewing in order to keep these sectors.
If you choose not to complete this course, you will no longer be authorized in those sectors. If you’re a broker or an associate broker, you will lose that licence class and become an associate.
- The structure of the courses is fantastic, I appreciate the opportunity to do this online and in my own time.
BROKERS AND ASSOCIATE BROKERS—IMPORTANT REMINDER:
All real estate brokers and real estate associate brokers must complete all three courses this year. Failure to complete these courses will result in your broker or associate broker licence reverting to an associate licence.
To enrol in these courses, log in to your myRECA account and go to the Education tab. Check the Education page on our website to see available classroom course providers.