RECA logo for use in advertising
Industry professionals registered with RECA may use RECA’s logo in their advertising. Industry professionals must not include the logo in advertising that is harmful to the best interests of the public, the industry as a whole or RECA.
If using the RECA logo in advertising, industry professionals must not:
- alter the RECA logo (colour, skewed proportions, cropping, etc.) with the exception of using it in grey scale if including it in a grey scale advertisement, which is permitted
- use the logo in a size or format that makes it illegible
- affix anything to the RECA logo
- include it in ads that imply RECA endorsement
- include the logo to advertise an illegal activity
If RECA receives a complaint about an industry professional improperly or inappropriately using the RECA logo, in a way that breaches these guidelines, it can review their conduct and can sanction in accordance with the Real Estate Act Rules.
Only industry professionals can use the RECA logo in their advertisements. If an unlicensed individual advertises services as an industry professional and includes the RECA logo, this could be an aggravating factor in the case of an unlicensed activity investigation.
For more information see the Information Bulletin: Using RECA's Logo in Advertising