Kenneth Klassen - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta - On January 25, 2017, Kenneth Klassen, previously a real estate associate in Calgary, applied to permanently withdraw from industry membership.
At the time of his application, Mr. Klassen was the subject of conduct proceedings under the Real Estate Act. The issues under investigation were:
- representation of multiple straw buyers (participation in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the provision of services)
- failure to provide competent service to his clients
- failure to ensure his role was understood
- failure to provide documentation to his brokerage
- failure to keep his broker informed of his activities
At the time of Mr. Klassen’s withdrawal from industry, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions or findings of fact.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta approved Mr. Klassen’s application to withdraw, and this results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership; conduct proceedings are now discontinued.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for governing real estate, mortgage broker, property management, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA’s mandate is to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals.