Amanjot (Amy) Kaur Brar - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta – On January 22, 2014, Amanjot (Amy) Kaur Brar, previously a real estate and mortgage broker in Calgary, applied to permanently withdraw from industry membership.
At the time of her application, Ms. Brar was the subject of conduct proceedings to determine whether she:
- Failed to keep trust account records and failed to disburse money received or held in trust accordance with the terms of trust;
- Failed to cooperate with a RECA investigation;
- Failed to immediately notify the Executive Director of a change of residential address;
- Failed to immediately notify the Executive Director that she was no longer performing the duties and responsibilities of a broker;
- Failed to act honestly;
- Failed to practice in accordance with the legislation;
- Made representations or carried on conduct that was reckless or intentional, which misleads or deceives;
- Participated in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the provision of services;
- Engaged in conduct that undermines public confidence in the industry, harms the integrity of the industry or brings the industry into disrepute;
- Failed to be actively engaged in the management of the brokerage;
- Failed to ensure all documents and records related to trades were maintained or made available at the brokerage; and,
- Failed to ensure the business of the brokerage was carried out competently and in accordance with the legislation.
At the time of the withdrawal application approval, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions of conduct or findings of fact. The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) approved Ms. Brar’s application to withdraw and this results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership; conduct proceedings are now discontinued.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for governing real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals.