Christy Lindsay Marsh - Real Estate Licence Suspended
Calgary, Alberta - On September 30, 2013 pursuant to section 53(1)(a) of the Real Estate Act, the Real Estate Council of Alberta temporarily suspended the authorization of Christy Lindsay Marsh, a real estate associate registered with Twin Oakes Real Estate 1993 Inc. o/a Re/Max House of Real Estate, operating in Calgary, pending the outcome of conduct proceedings under Part 3 of the Real Estate Act.
It is alleged that contrary to the Real Estate Act and the Rules made pursuant to the Real Estate Act, Ms. Marsh:
- did not act honestly;
- did not provide competent service;
- did not fulfill her fiduciary duties to her client;
- did not cooperate with a representative of the Council;
- made representations or carried on conduct that was reckless or intentional and that misled or deceived any person or was likely to do so; and,
- participated in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the provision of services or in any dealings.
As a result of this suspension, Christy Lindsay Marsh may not trade in real estate in Alberta at this time. Ms. Marsh’s suspension does not affect the trading activities of Twin Oakes Real Estate 1993 Inc. o/a Re/Max House of Real Estate.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for governing real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals.