First Time Application
Alberta's real estate industry has four sectors:
- Real estate professionals work with consumers to buy or sell property. They are often referred to as real estate agents. Property management professionals are included under real estate professionals.
Real estate professionals in Alberta can work in four practice areas, or sectors:
- residential – helping clients buy and sell residential properties (up to four individual units)
- rural – helping clients buy and sell farms and ranches
- commercial – helping clients buy, sell or lease office, industrial, retail or multi-residential properties (more than four individual units)
- property management – leasing properties on behalf of an owner and dealing with tenants
- Mortgage professionals act as a matchmaker between borrowers and lenders.
- Real estate appraisal professionals estimate the defined value of real estate.
If you're moving to Alberta from another jurisdiction and want to become licensed in Alberta, click here.
To review the application process, click on the industry sector you're interested in joining.