Candidate to Appraiser
The real estate appraisal industry is comprised of real estate appraiser candidates and real estate appraisers. When candidates want to become appraisers, they must apply to RECA to change their licence class.
To become licensed as an appraiser, a candidate must:
- successfully complete the education, examination and other requirements prescribed by their appraiser association.
- become a full appraiser member of their association.
- apply to RECA for a licence class change.
- provide the following to RECA:
- an original letter of good standing sent directly from your association to RECA.
- an original completed Real Estate Appraiser/Candidate Licence Application indicating “Appraiser” as the class of licence;
- any relevant documentation to support a "Yes" answer(s) in Section D of the application form, if applicable
- a $55.00 processing fee (submit payment through your online appraiser account accessed through myRECA, or by cheque sent to RECA).
RECA will notify you of the result of your application. You can confirm your changed licence class within your myRECA account.