Consumer Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
- two (2) Council Members appointed by the Chair of RECA
- Up to 12 members of the public appointed by the Chair of RECA
- Other individuals appointed at the discretion of the Chair of RECA
Ex Officio Members
RECA Chair (voting)
Executive Director (non-voting)
RECA Resources - The executive director will appoint one or more staff members to serve as staff resources to the committee.
The mandate of this committee is to provide advice to Council on consumer issues in the real estate industry. The responsibilities of the committee are to:
- provide observations, advice, and make recommendations to Council on any issue arising from the administration of the Real Estate Act of Alberta or operation of RECA of interest or importance to consumers
- gather information on industry trends, consumer issues, or programs employed by other professions or regulatory organizations to assist in the development of RECA policies to advance consumer protection
- serve as a focus group on specific issues under consideration by Council or changes to the Real Estate Act, Rules, Regulations, Bylaws, or RECA policies affecting consumers
- provide a consumer perspective to other advisory committees on issues in the real estate industry
- to meet at least once a year; however, it being understood meetings of sub-committees may be held to assist the committee in achieving its mandate
Council may also assign specific projects to the committee, including issue research, preparation of discussion papers, consultations, or development of specific recommendations for Council’s review and consideration
The establishment of this committee does not affect the responsibility of the executive director to provide information, advice, and recommendations upon his or her own initiative, or upon the request of Council, on matters before Council affecting the regulation of the real estate industry.
November 1st – October 31st. The Chair of Council will appoint individuals to this committee. Committee members can serve up to 3 two-year terms at the discretion of the Chair of Council.