Careers and Opportunities
Are you interested in building your communications career with a professional organization? Are you enthusiastic, energetic, and eager to learn on the job? Do you have strong writing, editing, and graphic design skills? Do you want to help ensure greater protection for consumers in Alberta’s real estate industry? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
RECA is looking for a junior communications professional to join its Communications Unit. The Communications Administrator provides administrative and communications support to senior communications staff and the management team. This position has internal and external communications responsibilities, and helps complete regular communications tasks and special projects that further the Real Estate Council of Alberta’s strategic plan.
Role & responsibilities
- updating and maintaining the RECA website
- ensuring factual accuracy and consistent language in all RECA communications materials
- providing graphic design support to all RECA departments
- researching and writing internal and external communications
- generating content ideas for RECA communications
- conducting regular media scans on issues that may affect RECA and/or its industry professionals
- providing administrative support to senior communications staff
- working independently and cooperatively within a small, but dynamic communications team
Skills & qualifications
- university or college graduate with a degree or diploma in journalism, communications and/or public relations;
- knowledge of current social media tools and platforms, and website analytics
- strong computer skills including but not limited to InDesign, Dreamweaver, SharePoint, basic HTML, and Photoshop
- experience with Mailchimp is an asset
- filming and editing experience using Adobe PremierePro is an asset
- knowledge of or experience in the industries RECA governs is an asset
- experience working with legislation is an asset
This permanent, full-time employment opportunity offers a competitive compensation package including 3 weeks’ vacation and comprehensive benefits.
How to apply
If you think this might be the right career opportunity for you, submit your cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on June 23, 2017. Please include “Communications Administrator” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest, however we will contact only those individuals we are considering for participation in selection exercises or interviews. We may also consider your application for other job openings at RECA. We reserve the right to fill this role prior to the application deadline.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta is the independent governing authority that sets, regulates, and enforces standards for real estate brokerage, mortgage brokerage, property management, and real estate appraisal professionals in Alberta. RECA’s mandate is to protect consumers, and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals. To find out more information about RECA, visit our website at www.reca.ca.
Through this Request for Proposals, the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) seeks a qualified consultant to undertake a communications audit of RECA’s external and internal communications.
The consultant is responsible for reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing RECA communications in light of its 2016-2020 Strategic Plan, and make recommendations on communications team structure, initiatives, and budget to ensure RECA communications assist the organization in fulfilling its strategic plan.
Please review the entire RFP here.