Careers and Opportunities
Senior Policy Analyst and Project Manager
Are you a strategic thinker? Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your career in policy development and project management? Do you have risk management expertise? Do you want a role that will allow you to serve the public interest in a fast-moving, constantly evolving industry? If yes, this might be the career opportunity for you.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is looking for an individual to fill the new, exciting role of Project Management and Policy Development Manager. The successful candidate will serve as a key contributor to RECA’s leadership team by developing policy and managing projects in support of RECA’s public protection mandate. This individual will also help develop, implement and manage RECA’s risk management strategy.
This permanent, full-time employment opportunity offers competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package, 3 weeks’ vacation, a health care spending account, and an employer matching RRSP plan.
Role & responsibilities
- manages, develops, plans and supports projects in accordance with strategic objectives
- assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring strategic and business plans
- manages, researches, develops, supports and advises on policy and standards
- prepares annual budgets for projects, initiatives, and policy development
- gives process requirements advice, makes process decisions and recommendations based on in-depth policy knowledge
- identifies, monitors, and reviews significant trends, gaps, and changes
- develops and maintains strong day-to-day working relationships with stakeholder organizations
- serves as key contact for industry and consumer events
- seeks out opportunities to enhance RECA’s brand and explores partnership opportunities with key industry stakeholders
- responsible for coordination of and attendance at industry and consumer events that fulfill RECA’s strategic objectives
- prepares briefs and other materials to support meetings with government officials
- liaises regularly and effectively with counterparts at regulatory and stakeholder organizations
- assists in developing and implements, manages and monitors a risk management strategy
Skills & qualifications
- at least 4 to 6 years of project management and policy development experience working in a policy, government or advocacy role
- experience providing strategic advice and recommendations
- strong research, analytical, problem-solving, and relationship building skills with the ability to influence stakeholders to achieve objectives
- strong numeracy skills and a proven track record in data analysis
- advanced report writing, outstanding presentation, and project management skills
- a team player with a proven track record of developing relationships and working effectively with varied stakeholders to achieve objectives
- knowledge and experience in the industries RECA regulates is an asset
- a university degree in public policy, business administration, economics, political science, or related field
- a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
How to apply
If you think this is the job for you, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2018. Please include “Project & Policy Manager” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those individuals we are considering for interviews. We may consider your application for other job openings at RECA.
RECA is an independent, progressive, and innovative non-government organization, and is the standards-setting governing body for real estate brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers, and real estate appraisal professionals in Alberta. RECA’s mandate is to protect consumers and provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals. Check us out at www.reca.ca.