Philip Fook Shing Tong - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta - On July 6, 2017, Philip Fook Shing Tong, previously a real estate broker in Calgary, applied to permanently withdraw from industry membership.
At the time of his application, Mr. Tong was the subject of conduct proceedings under the Real Estate Act. The issues under investigation were whether Mr. Tong failed to:
- be actively engaged in the management of his brokerage
- ensure the business of the brokerage was carried out competently
- ensure adequate level of supervision for licensees and employees of the brokerage
- ensure that bank records were maintained for all monies held in trust
- ensure the terms of trust governing the use of money are in writing and agreed to by all parties
At the time of Mr. Tong’s withdrawal from industry, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions, or findings of fact.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta approved Mr. Tong’s application to withdraw, and this results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership; conduct proceedings are now discontinued.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for governing real estate, mortgage broker, property management, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA’s mandate is to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals.