Sukhwinder Randhawa – Real Estate Associate Licence Suspended
Calgary, Alberta – On October 26, 2015, the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) suspended Sukhwinder Singh Randhawa, a real estate associate registered with RE/MAX River City in Edmonton. RECA determined it is in the public interest to temporarily suspend Mr. Randhawa. The suspension will continue until the conclusion of RECA disciplinary proceedings against him.
Allegations against Mr Randhawa include:
- participation in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the provision of services or in any dealings
- failure to disclose to all of his clients, at the earliest practical opportunity, the conflict of interest he had
- failure to fulfill his fiduciary duties to his clients
- failure to cooperate with a RECA investigation
- failure to provide to his broker in a timely manner all original documentation and copies of original documents that were related to a trade in real estate
- engaging in conduct that undermines public confidence in the industry, harms the integrity of the industry, or brings the industry into disrepute
As a result of this suspension, Sukhwinder Singh Randhawa may not trade in real estate in Alberta.
Note: On December 22, 2015, by an Order made by a Justice of the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, Mr. Randhawa’s suspension has been stayed. As a condition of the stay of the suspension, the court imposed strict conditions on his authorization.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for governing real estate, mortgage broker, real estate appraisal and property management industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA's mandate is to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals.