Donald Mike Gray - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta – On April 16, 2014, Donald Mike Gray, previously a real estate broker in Edmonton, applied to permanently withdraw from industry membership.
At the time of his application, Mr. Gray was the subject of conduct proceedings to determine whether he breached:
- Section 51(1)(j) of the Rules - Licensing Requirements
- Section 1(e), 86(1), and 86(3) of the Rules - Trust Account Reconciliations
- Section 25(5) of the Act - Stale dated outstanding cheques
- Section 88 of the Rules - Operating Trust Account Shortages
- Section 88 of the Rules Security Deposit Trust Account Shortages
- 41(g) of the Rules - Security Deposit Refunds
- Section 25(2) of the Act - Management Agreements
- Section 25(1)(d) of the Act - Inadequate authority to disburse funds from trust
- Section 41(b) of the Rules - Management Agreement Contract Deficiencies
- Section 87 of the Rules - Negative Trust Ledger balances
- Section 25(2) of the Act - Security Deposits held in trust with insufficient authority
- Section 51(1)(e) of the Rules - Unlicensed Activity
- Section 41(f) and 54(3) of the Rules – Disclosure of Conflict of Interest
- Section 25(1)(d) of the Act – Expenses exceed owners’ limits
- Section 51(1)(k) of the Rules – Paid invoices not on file
- Section 41(b) of the Rules – Competent Service
At the time of the withdrawal application approval, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions of conduct or findings of fact. The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) approved Mr. Gray’s application to withdraw and this results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership; conduct proceedings are now discontinued.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for governing real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals.