Kenneth Moore - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta – On October 19, 2011, Kenneth Moore, who was most recently registered as a broker with Mortgage Advantage Inc. in Calgary, applied to the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) to withdraw from industry membership in accordance with s.54 of the Real Estate Act.
At the time of his application, Mr. Moore was the subject of conduct proceedings to determine whether or not he:
- failed to practice in strict accordance with the Real Estate Act, Regulations, Rules, made pursuant to the Act, bylaws, and any other laws governing trading in real estate, dealing in mortgages, or acting as an appraiser in Alberta;
- engaged in conduct that undermines public confidence in the industry, harms the integrity of the industry or brings the industry into disrepute;
- failed to review all mortgage agreements in a timely manner;
- failed to ensure that all documents and records related to deals in mortgages required under the Act and the Rules were obtained and maintained by the brokerage;
- failed to adequately supervise the activities of a mortgage associate;
- failed to adequately review the brokerage file to ensure compliance with brokerage policies;
- failed to disclose in writing to the parties to the mortgage deal what steps, if any, were taken to verify the information obtained or supplied by the brokerage to the parties, including information contained in the mortgage application and other representations made by the borrower or lender and the identity of the parties to the deal in mortgages.
At the time of the withdrawal application approval, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions or findings of fact.
By virtue of operation of the Real Estate Act, Part Three, conduct proceedings are discontinued. Mr. Moore’s application to withdraw was approved by RECA and results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for regulating real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry members.