Tracy Buckler - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta – On October 19, 2011, Tracy Buckler, who was registered as an associate with TMG The Mortgage Group Alberta Ltd. o/a TMG in Calgary, applied to the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) to withdraw from industry membership in accordance with s.54 of the Real Estate Act.
At the time of her application, Ms. Buckler was the subject of conduct proceedings to determine whether she:
- altered documents to facilitate the granting of a mortgage through deceit;
- submitted documents to facilitate the granting of a mortgage through deceit;
- failed to advise the broker of the activities she was performing on behalf of the brokerage;
- failed to provide in a timely manner all original documentation and copies of the original documents to parties;
- intentionally deleted or destroyed brokerage mortgage deal records; and
- failed to notify the broker of concerns from lending institutions.
At the time of the withdrawal application approval, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions or findings of fact.
By virtue of operation of the Real Estate Act, Part Three, conduct proceedings are discontinued. Ms. Buckler’s application to withdraw was approved by RECA and results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for regulating real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry members.