Sid John Reisner - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta - On July 7, 2010, Sid John Reisner, real estate associate, unregistered, applied to the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) to withdraw from industry membership, in accordance with section 54 of the Real Estate Act (REA).
At the time of his application, Mr. Reisner was the subject of conduct proceedings to determine whether he
- traded in real estate without proper authorization [s.17(a) of the REA]
- failed to act honestly [s.41(a) of the REA Rules],
- participated in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the provision of a service [s.42(b) of the REA Rules],
- made representations that were reckless or intentional and that mislead or deceived a person or were likely to do so s.42(a) of the REA Rules],
- engaged in conduct that undermined public confidence in the industry, harmed the integrity of the industry or brought the industry into disrepute [s.42(g) of the REA Rules],
- failed to cooperate with RECA investigators [s.41(h) of the REA Rules]
At the time of the withdrawal application approval, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions or findings of fact.
By virtue of operation of the Real Estate Act, Part Three, conduct proceedings are discontinued. Mr. Reisner’s application to withdraw was approved by RECA and results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for regulating real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industry professionals under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry members.