Troy Zimmerling - Lifetime Withdrawal from Industry
Calgary, Alberta - On August 5, 2009, Troy Zimmerling, mortgage associate, most recently registered to 1284877 Alberta Ltd. o/a Dominion Lending Centres, applied to the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) to withdraw from industry membership in accordance with section 54 of the Real Estate Act(REA).
At the time of his application, Mr. Zimmerling was the subject of conduct proceedings to determine whether
- he failed to provide competent service (REA Rule s.41(b))
- he made representations or carried on conduct that was reckless or intentional and that misleads or deceives any person or is likely to do so (REA Rule s.42(a)
- he participated in fraudulent or unlawful activities in connection with the
provision of services or in any dealings (REA Rule s.42 (b)
- he engaged in conduct that undermines public confidence in the industry, harms the integrity of the industry or brings the industry into disrepute and (REA Rule s.42(g))
- he failed to cooperate with a person conducting an investigation (REA s.38(4))
At the time of the withdrawal application approval, there had been no disciplinary hearing, admissions or findings of fact.
By virtue of operation of the Real Estate Act, Part Three conduct proceedings are discontinued. Mr. Zimmerling’s application to withdraw was approved by RECA and results in a voluntary lifetime prohibition from industry membership.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is an independent, non-government agency, responsible for regulating industry professionals in the real estate, mortgage broker, and real estate appraisal industries under Alberta’s Real Estate Act. RECA is mandated to protect consumers and to provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry members.