Careers and Opportunities
Senior Instructional Designer
Are you passionate about eLearning design and development? Do you want to enhance the integrity of the real estate industry by providing learners with the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to be competent and professional industry members? If so, this could be the career move for you.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is seeking a creative and motivated Senior Instructional Designer to join our award-winning Education Programs team. RECA offers flexible pre-licensing and re-licensing online education courses in the industries we regulate. In the Senior Instructional Designer role, you will play an integral role in providing innovative, leading-edge online career preparation and training programs for industry professionals.
RECA offers a dynamic team environment that supports collaboration and innovation. This permanent, full-time employment opportunity offers a starting salary of 75,000 – 83,000 with a comprehensive benefits package including a health care spending account, 3 weeks’ vacation, and an employer matching group RRSP plan. The individual will work in our Calgary office, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Role & responsibilities
- lead the planning, analysis, design, and development process of eLearning initiatives using instructional design methods
- translate adult learning principles to create engaging and interactive learning curriculum
- perform all phases of documentation development including: planning, researching, writing, reviewing, editing, and publishing to multiple formats
- facilitate interviews with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to capture content, develop educational concepts, and translate ideas into useful content and materials
- develop graphic images, flow charts, and diagrams for course materials
- coach, mentor, and work collaboratively with team members
- research and recommend innovative learning tools and technology to deliver cutting-edge design solutions
Skills & qualifications
- university degree related to eLearning, workplace learning, design theory, or equivalent education and training
- a minimum of 8 years of experience in developing eLearning solutions including sound knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design
- training and experience in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- proven coaching and mentoring skills
- demonstrated proficiency with eLearning software, preferably Articulate 360
- experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset
- knowledge of learning management systems, preferably MOODLE is an asset
How to apply
If you think this is the job for you, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is June 25, 2018. Please include “Senior Instructional Designer” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact only those individuals we are considering for interviews. RECA may request that candidates provide a portfolio. We may also consider your application for other job openings at RECA.
RECA is an independent, progressive, and innovative non-government organization, and is the standards-setting governing body for real estate brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers, and real estate appraisal professionals in Alberta. RECA’s mandate is to protect consumers and provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals. Check us out at www.reca.ca.