Property Management Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
Industry Sector Advisory Committee
- two (2) Council members - one Council member who will be the committee chair and is the individual appointed by Council in accordance with s. 6(1)(f)(ii) of the Real Estate Act; one Council member who will be committee vice chair
- one (1) licensed property manager in Alberta, appointed by the Building Owners and Managers Association of Calgary
- one (1) licensed property manager in Alberta, appointed by the Building Owners and Managers Association of Edmonton
- one (1) licensed property manager in Alberta, appointed by the Real Estate Institute of Canada
- one (1) licensed property manager in Alberta, appointed by the Institute of Real Estate Management (a division of the Real Estate Institute of Canada)
- one (1) member of the public – the Chair of RECA will have the discretion to appoint a member of the public to this committee
- additional members may be appointed by the Chair of RECA
Ex Officio Members
Ex-officio and non-voting members of the committee are the RECA Chair and executive Director
RECA Resources – The executive director will appoint one or more staff members to serve as staff resources to the committee.
Industry Resources - executive directors or representatives of the four associations may be asked to attend meetings and assist with the work of the committee or any task groups
The mandate of this committee is to provide advice to Council on regulatory issues in the property management sector. The tasks of the committee are:
- to identify, research and discuss emerging issues related to the property management sector affecting industry members and consumers
- to make recommendations to Council with respect to its responsibilities under the Real Estate Act related to the property management sector; topic areas include the Real Estate Act and Rules, licensing and education standards, standards of conduct, industry practices, accounting and reporting requirements
- at the request of Council, the committee may be assigned specific projects which could include issues research, preparation of discussion papers, consultations or development of specific recommendations for Council’s review and consideration
- to meet at least once a year; however, it being understood meetings of sub-committees may be held to assist the committee in achieving its mandate.
The establishment of this committee does not affect the responsibility of the executive director to provide information, advice and recommendations upon his or her own initiative, or upon the request of Council, on matters before Council affecting the regulation of the property management sector.
November 1st – October 31st; appointment of individuals to this committee, other than the association appointees, will be made by the Chair of Council; an individual, other than a member of Council, can serve up to three two-year terms.
|2017-2018 Property Management Advisory Committee Members|
|Christine Zwozdesky, Committee Chair|
|Bill Kirk, Vice Chair|
|Robyn Brown (IREM Edmonton)|
Keri Cormier (BOMA Calgary)
|Kevin Kelly (Public Member)|
|Jean Lekopoy (REIC Calgary)|
|Carole Lajoie (BOMA Edmonton)|
|Vacant (Industry Calgary)|
|Brian Klingspon, RECA Chair|
|Bob Myroniuk, RECA Executive Director|