Terms of Reference
- the committee will have five (5) members consisting of four (4) Council members and one (1) industry member appointed by the Chair of Council from the roster of industry members approved to sit on hearing panels.
- one (1) of the four (4) Council members will serve as chair, and one (1) will serve as vice chair.
Ex Officio Members
Ex-officio members of the committee are the RECA Chair and executive director.
Three members of the committee present in person, one of whom must be the committee chair or vice chair.
RECA Resources – The executive director will appoint one or more staff members to serve as staff resources to the committee.
The mandate of the Hearings Committee is to identify, research and review issues relevant to the responsibilities of council, hearing panels, and appeal panels as outlined in Part 3 of the Real Estate Act and to make recommendations to council with respect to these areas of responsibility including:
- RECA’s Practice & Procedures Guidelines for Hearing and Appeal Panels
- appointment of industry members to RECA’s roster of industry members eligible for appointment as hearing panel members
- education and training of hearing and appeal panel members
- honorariums for hearing and appeal panel members
- amendments to the Real Estate Act, Part 3 (Conduct Proceedings) concerning the operation of RECA;s hearing and appeal panels and related issues
- RECA’s bylaws concerning the payment of costs associated with investigations and hearings
- review of recent hearings and appeal panels and court decisions
November 1st – October 31st; appointment of council members and the industry member to this committee will be made by the Chair of Council. The appointed industry member may serve up to three, two year terms.
|2017-2018 Hearings Committee Members|
|Bill Kirk, Chair|
|Rob Telford, Vice Chair|
|Madeline Sarafinchan (Industry Member)|
|Brian Klingspon, RECA Chair|
|Bob Myroniuk, RECA Executive Director|