Terms of Reference
- Past Chair of Council*
- Chair Elect of Council
- Three (3) members of Council
- One non-Council member with experience in governance
In the event the past chair is not serving on Council, the current chair of Council may appoint one (1) past chair of Council whose term expired within the last five (5) years
Four members of the committee, one of whom must be the committee chair or vice-chair.
Ex Officio Members
Chair of Council (voting member)
Executive Director (non-voting member)
The mandate of this committee is to provide advice and recommendations to Council regarding:
- development and evaluation of Council, its committees and members
- Council/Executive Director relationship
- succession planning and Council member orientation
- strategic thinking/planning
- transparency and accountability
- community/stakeholder engagement
- oversight of the organization
- ethics and code of conduct
- other governance issues
RECA Resources - Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director
The Committee may establish sub-committees to undertake specific tasks and may request other members of Council to serve on such sub-committees.
With the approval of Council, the committee may secure the services of outside resources to assist in undertaking specific tasks.
November 1st – October 31st; the Chair of Council will make the appointment of members to this committee.
|2017-2018 Governance Committee Members|
|Christine Zwozdesky, Committee Chair|
|Bonny Clarke, Vice Chair|
|Brian Klingspon, RECA Chair|
|Bob Myroniuk, RECA Executive Director|
|Kirk Bacon, Deputy Executive Director|