Are you a designated accounting professional with experience conducting audits who is looking for a change? Or, maybe you have experience in the industries RECA regulates and you want to put your accounting skills to work. Do you want to help build the industry’s reputation and protect the public? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is looking for a Trust Assurance & Practice Review Officer (Auditor) to join our team. Our Trust Assurance & Practice Review program encourages professional excellence and legislative compliance through proactive audits that educate and assist real estate brokers, mortgage brokers, and real estate appraisal professionals. This position plays a key role by providing positive and constructive practical advice to industry professionals through the review process.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic work environment, with an emphasis on work/life balance. This permanent, full-time position offers an annual starting salary of $68,000 – 74,000 with a comprehensive benefits package including a group health insurance plan, 3 weeks’ vacation, a health care spending account, and employer matching RRSP plan.
Role & responsibilities
- review and analyze trust accounting at brokerages
- review transaction files, office management procedures, accounting practices, completeness of documentation, and file management practices
- identify and document areas where legislative breaches pertaining to industry professional services have occurred and areas of improvement for the brokerage
- review findings and recommendations with brokers, including preparing written reports, and ensuring brokers understand and take appropriate corrective actions
Skills & qualifications
- an accounting designation or working towards an accounting designation
- post-secondary accounting courses
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in an accounting position that required review and analysis of bank reconciliations, income statements, and balance sheets
AND at least one of the following:
- experience in the real estate appraisal, real estate or mortgage brokering industries
- experience conducting audits or business practice reviews
Other required qualifications include:
- excellent communication (written and verbal), attention to detail, and analytical skills
- conflict management, collaboration, and judgment skills
- ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment
- solid computer skills
- a valid driver’s licence and personal vehicle to attend practice reviews
How to apply
If you think this is the job for you, please submit cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at email@example.com. The application deadline is January 30, 2017. Please include “Trust Assurance & Practice Review Officer” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those individuals we are considering for interviews. We may consider your application for other job openings at RECA.
RECA is an independent, progressive, and innovative non-government organization, and is the standards-setting governing body for real estate brokers, mortgage brokers, property managers, and real estate appraisal professionals in Alberta. RECA’s mandate is to protect consumers and provide services that enhance and improve the industry and the business of industry professionals. Check us out at www.reca.ca.