Terms of Reference
Industry Sector Advisory Committee
- two (2) Council members – one (1) Council member who will be the committee chair and is a real estate broker or associate trading in commercial real estate; one (1) Council member who will be committee vice chair and is from an industry sector other than commercial real estate or is a public member
- up to six (6) industry members, whose main area of practice is commercial real estate
- one (1) member of the public – the Chair of RECA will have the discretion to appoint a member of the public to this committee
Ex Officio Members
Ex-officio members of the committee are the RECA Chair and executive director
RECA Resources – The executive director will appoint one or more staff members to serve as staff resources to the committee.
Industry Resources – The committee may invite an individual who is with an industry association or real estate board to provide input or to assist with the work of the committee on a specific issue or project basis.
The mandate of this committee is to provide advice to Council on regulatory issues in the commercial real estate sector. The tasks of the committee are:
- to identify, research and discuss emerging issues related to the commercial real estate sector affecting industry members and consumers;
- to make recommendations to Council with respect to its responsibilities under the Real Estate Act related to the commercial real estate sector; topic areas include the Real Estate Act and Rules, licensing and education standards, standards of conduct, industry practices, accounting and reporting requirements;
- at the request of Council, the committee may be assigned specific projects which could include issues research, preparation of discussion papers, consultations or development of specific recommendations for the Council’s review and consideration; and
- to meet at least once a year; however, it being understood meetings of sub-committees may be held to assist the committee in achieving its mandate
The establishment of this committee does not affect the responsibility of the Executive Director to provide information, advice and recommendations upon his or her own initiative, or upon the request of Council, on matters before Council affecting the regulation of the commercial real estate sector.
November 1st – October 31st; appointment of individuals to this committee will be made by the Chair of Council; an individual other than a member of Council, can serve up to three two-year terms.
2017-2018 Commercial Real Estate Advisory Committee Members
- Ramey Demian, Committee Chair
- Robyn Moser, Vice Chair
- Karen Barry
- Paul Chaput
- Michelle Cowan
- Mason Lam
- Brett Salomons
- Phil Wazonek
- Vacant (Public Member)
- Brian Klingspon, RECA Chair
- Bob Myroniuk, RECA Executive Director